Trade Mark and Copyright rules of use
Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited
Trade mark usage rules
Trade marks and their goodwill form valuable assets for any business and the trade marks that belong to Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited (Focusrite) are significant trading assets and therefore it is important to Focusrite how its trade marks are used.
So that Focusrite’s products, both under the Focusrite and Novation brands, can be properly represented, advertised and generally promoted, Focusrite would like to enable you to use its trade marks. However, such use needs to be properly governed and to that end please find below the various rules that govern this use.
You may use Focusrite trade marks to identify Focusrite and Novation products or services, provided that such references are true and fair, and are not misleading as to Focusrite’s affiliation with you or your company and are in accordance with these rules. You may use Focusrite’s trade marks with words such as “compatible with,” “for use with,” or “works with” on the basis that you do not suggest that Focusrite endorses your product.
In terms of actual use of Focusrite trade marks the following rules shall also apply:
- You shall not use Focusrite or Novation logos – only text trade marks may be used;
- Focusrite trade marks shall appear in text smaller or the same size as the surrounding text;
- The Focusrite trade mark shall not be the prominent trade mark;
- You may not combine a Focusrite trade mark with any business name, other trade mark or product;
- You may not use a Focusrite trade mark in such a way that it might confuse a third party;
- You may not use a Focusrite trade make in such a way that it diminishes or harms the value of the trade mark or the reputation of Focusrite or the reputation of its products; this includes disparaging comments;
- You may not use any Focusrite trade mark as a noun or a verb; but only as an adjective; and
- You may not abbreviate any Focusrite trade mark.
You must include the following notice when using a Focusrite trade mark “[Focusrite Trade mark] is a trade mark or registered trade mark of Focusrite Audio Engineering Limited in England, USA and/or other countries.”
You may not use any Focusrite logo without the express prior written approval of Focusrite. Once approved, you may only use the electronic files provided by Focusrite, without any modification. The size of the logo may be scaled, but the proportions must be maintained.
Images and text
The copyright in all text and images on the Focusrite and Novation websites belongs to Focusrite unless otherwise stated. You may not use any Focusrite text, product image or other image without the express prior written approval of Focusrite. Once approved, you may only use the electronic files provided by Focusrite, without any modification. The size of the image may be scaled, but the proportions must be maintained.
These rules on trade mark usage may be updated from time to time.